Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Because you're going to leave the closing table with thousands more by using our service. Now we'll admit, there's a lot to wade through here. But it's going to be worth it, since five minutes reading this FAQ is going to save you a serious sum of money. You should know that when listed on the Zillow site, your home is exposed on one single site on the Internet (actually two, since Zillow owns Trulia, and Zillow replicates your home data and photos out to Trulia as well). But when listed with Landfall Properties, LLC, your home will be seen on hundreds of sites, not just one or two. Logic dictates that if your home data and photos are exposed across a much broader spectrum, it only makes sense that the chances of you being seen are far greater. It's that simple.
Never forget there are only two things that sell a home. That would be an intelligent asking price, combined with massive Internet exposure. Nothing else matters. Obviously, other factors come into play (like location and condition – two factors no broker can change), but at the core, fundamental level, it’s price and Internet exposure that sells property. Landfall Properties, LLC has a syndicated relationship with approximately 90 property search websites. These include sites like Zillow®, Realtor®, Trulia®, Homefinder®, and many, many more.
Plus, not only will your home be listed on these 90 websites, but you will be listed on hundreds of other sites. How? Nearly every real estate brokerage in the states of CT, MA, NH, VT, and ME has a website. And nearly every one of them offers the ability to search for available properties (yours included), right from their website. On top of that, 75%+ of all agents and brokers have their own individual websites. Your home will be seen there as well if these agents have a search function built into their website, which many do. This is massive exposure. If you tried to do this yourself (post to hundreds of websites), it would take you weeks, if not months. We do it in 24+/- hours, and all for FREE. In actuality, you'll be exposed on thousands of websites, but we know people have a hard time wrapping their head around thousands, so we use the more conservative "hundreds" reference.
Obviously, if we're pushing your house data and photos out to hundreds of sites across the Internet, Zillow and Trulia are naturally included in that list. But here's why it's far better to use Landfall Properties, LLC as your "go to" company for mass marketing: Because there is a far greater likelihood a buyer lead will get routed to you directly. How? Before we answer that question, it is important to understand how Zillow generates revenue. It generates revenue from real estate agents and brokers who pay large sums of money to Zillow to get their name and photograph to show up (in the right hand corner of the screen in full color) when someone looks at property details.
Go ahead and see this for yourself. Go up on Zillow®, and search for any property in CT, MA, NH, VT, or ME. Doesn't matter which one. OK, do you see those four pictures of real estate agents on the right side of the screen? Only the one at the top (the listing agent) has any connection to the property being sold. The other three have no connection whatsoever to the property you are viewing. These agents have paid a lot of money to Zillow to get their photo in there, in the hopes a buyer will click on it, thereby setting up the possibility they can serve as a buyer broker for a prospective buyer.
Now I want you to follow me closely here, because this is going to fly by really fast if you're not paying attention. Major sites like Zillow and Trulia provide buyers with the ability to directly communicate with the various agents listed on the page. By listing with Landfall Properties, LLC, the photo and contact information for Principal Broker Paul R. Marino will be cited right at the top (above the other three agents that have no connection of any kind to your property). Human nature is to click the one at the top, plus, it's the default selection in Zillow and Trulia. When the Zillow or Trulia lead comes into Landfall Properties, LLC, we immediately bounce it to you for followup. We do not intercept buyer inbound leads.
How do you know we're telling the truth? Test the sites for yourself. Go to Zillow or Trulia (for example), once your listing is up and live, and fill out the “I want more information” box. Or, tell a friend, whose email we do not know, and sit back and watch the result. The result is, your cell and email will light up. This is your best chance of connecting with a buyer directly, and bypassing a broker commission of any kind (no listing side sales commission, and no buyer broker side sales commission). Attention to detail on buyer leads is what sets us head and shoulders above the competition. Never forget, every home sale begins with an inbound buyer lead.
Now you might be asking: "Well, I can just list my home for free on Zillow, and my contact information will be listed right on the page". Sure it will. At the bottom of the list of four agents, and dimmed out in gray. Most buyers do not know how the system works, and will naturally "tag" a full color photo at the top of the list, not to mention the fact the Zillow default selection is the one at the top, not your dimmed out option at the bottom. So what happens in a high percentage of cases is that your contact information will not be selected. That mouse click just cost you a five figure sales commission. Ouch.
We often see the following verbiage attached to a For Sale By Owner Zillow or Trulia listing: "We will compensate buyer brokers 2.5%". Your offer is falling on deaf ears. Why? Because it is buyers that are using Zillow to look for properties, not agents and brokers. Agents and brokers are using their respective local Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Even if an agent or broker does see your offer, in the back of their mind they are thinking: "How am I going to ensure I actually get paid a commission on this transaction, and won't be cut out of the deal? By working with another MLS broker, at least I know my payment is guaranteed. With this home seller, I don't know what I'm dealing with".
Here's another very important observation: Why is it that of all the homes listed on Zillow, 97%+/- are also listed with a real estate brokerage? You can see this for yourself by going to Zillow and filtering your search so that it only displays For Sale By Owner properties. Now remove the filter and conduct the search. The numbers are nearly identical, meaning only 3%+/- are "go it alone" For Sale By Owner sellers. Why is this percentage so small? It's because real estate brokerages get results (i.e. a sold property), not because sellers have a particular affinity for real estate brokers.
By listing with Landfall Properties, LLC, your home data and photos will be pushed out to hundreds of agents in your market area, who are motivated to find a buyer because they know they will unequivocally be compensated (via our contractual relationship with the Multiple Listing Service [MLS]). This is not stopping you from finding a buyer on your own and paying nothing to any real estate brokerage. Continue to do whatever it is you are doing to locate a buyer. But if it doesn't work, at least you've got a backstop. And if you do have to pay a real estate commission, it is 50% to 67% lower than a full service 6% commission (for example). This places thousands of dollars back in your pocket.
For starters, we provide you with a FREE active listing in your particular state Multiple Listing Service (MLS). For CT sellers, that means entry into the SmartMLS® system. In MA, its the MLSPIN® database. NH and VT home sellers are entered into the NEREN® MLS system. ME listing sellers are entered into the MREIS® MLS broker affiliated database. And if you’re not in these various state specific databases, the chances of selling your home are remote. These MLS databases are the real deal – the exact same database all agents and brokers use to post their listings.
But that's just the start. We will ensure your property data and photos are immediately (within 24+/- hours) distributed over the Internet to a massive array of property search websites (see the scrolling list of sites near the top of the home page). Your property data and photos are distributed to 90+/- property search web sites for which we have a syndication agreement. These include sites like Zillow®, Realtor®, Trulia®, Homefinder®, and many, many more. Plus, not only will your home be listed on these 90+/- websites, you will be listed on hundreds of other sites. How?
Nearly every real estate brokerage in the states of CT, MA, NH, VT, and ME has a website. And nearly every one of them offers the ability to search for available properties (yours included), right from their website. On top of that, 75%+ of all agents and brokers have their own individual websites. Your home will be seen there as well if these agents have a search function built into their website. This is massive exposure. If you tried to do this yourself (post to hundreds of websites), it would take you weeks, if not months. We do it in 24+/- hours, and all for FREE.
This next feature is important, as it is CRITICAL to your success. Every prospective buyer lead that is routed to Landfall Properties, LLC is sent directly to you. We do not intercept buyers. This is an incredibly valuable service that simply can not be matched by anyone in the business. All leads, whether coming into Landfall Properties, LLC by phone, text, email, or chat will be immediately routed to both your text capable cell phone and your email. Certain sites (major sites like Zillow and Trulia) will provide buyers with the ability to directly communicate with Landfall Properties, LLC from their site. When the lead comes into Landfall Properties, LLC, we immediately bounce it over to you for followup.
How do you know we're telling the truth? Test the sites yourself. Go to Zillow or Trulia (for example), once your listing is up and live, and fill out the “I want more information” box. Or, tell a friend, whose email we do not know, and sit back and watch the result. This is your best chance of connecting with a buyer directly, and bypassing a broker commission of any kind (no listing side sales commission, and no buyer broker side sales commission). Attention to detail on buyer leads is what sets us head and shoulders above the competition. Never forget, every home sale begins with an inbound buyer lead.
On some sites, especially brokerage or individual agent sites, the whole purpose of these folks putting your listing up on their site is to allow them to participate as buyer brokers in the purchase of your home. No worries. Buyer brokers are your friend, for there is no more important person than the person that can actually bring forth a buyer. Sure, you'll pay the buyer broker 2% to 3% (a figure you determine), but isn't that a whole lot better than paying 5% to 7%?
$14,413 (actual, hard, demonstrable figure as of 3/14/2018) is the average amount our clients have saved (money put in their pocket on closing day), when looking across all our transactions, throughout the entire New England market, from Connecticut to Maine. If you want to know actual numbers saved by specific Landfall clients, refer to our Success Stories or Testimonials. Here you'll find a large sampling of recent Landfall Properties, LLC brokered sales that show you exactly how much money the seller saved. Need proof? Use the Contact Us link, and ask us for contact information for any home seller cited in Success Stories, or for any Testimonial.
Many of our clients save a lot more. Some less. It all depends on the sale price of your home. For example, a seller in my boyhood home of Greenwich, Connecticut (where a starter home sells for $1,000,000) will save a minimum of $30,000. By contrast, a seller in my former residence of Limestone, Maine (US/Canadian border), where a starter home can be picked up for $100,000, will save a minimum of $3,000. Use the calculator in the middle of the home page to determine exactly how much you will save using our Flat Fee MLS listing for FREE service.
Let's take a hard look at the numbers. Real numbers. First off, you should know that the whole reason for using our service is to save money. The more the better. Unlike most brokerages (upwards of 80%+/-), we won't have you sign an Exclusive Right To Sell Listing Agreement, meaning that no matter who finds a buyer (even you), you will pay a traditional full commission, generally between 5% and 7%, but entirely negotiable in all New England states. Think about that for a minute. Even if you find a buyer yourself, you still hand over 5% to 7% of the sale price to the listing brokerage. That's $22,500 on a hypothetical $375,000 home sale. Why would you do this? You wouldn't.
Instead, with Landfall Properties, LLC, you will sign a listing agreement that states you will pay 0% (zero percent) if you find a buyer without any broker involvement. You'll have the best of both worlds. Try to find a buyer using whatever methods you're using now, but know that if you're not successful, you'll have literally hundreds of buyer brokers in your market trying to find a buyer for your home, all of whom are happy to be compensated anywhere from 2% to 3%, on average, but totally up to you.
Using our calculator at the top of the home page, your minimum savings are $11,250, based on a hypothetical $375,000 home sale price, assuming a buyer broker is involved. However, your actual savings are likely going to be greater than $11,250. How? Having tracked thousands of transactions in Connecticut for example, we can tell you that the average buyer broker payout is 2.5%. By doing so, you are saving yourself the 3.5% that would typically have gone to a 6% full service brokerage. In fact, your actual savings will be $13,125 (3.5% of $375,000). BUT, if you find a buyer, you will pay absolutely nothing. Zero, to any broker party. You have just saved yourself $22,500 (6% of $375,000). Real money. If you'd like some additional detail on what you should offer a buyer broker, consult my blog post entitled: "How Much Should I Compensate the Buyer Broker When Competing in the MLS marketplace"
So...what do you have to do to earn this $14,413? Three things: 1) List with Landfall Properties, LLC for free; 2) Plant a FOR SALE sign on your lawn if you want to (we can supply a professional sign if your town allows signs); 3) Show your home to prospective buyers and buyer brokers. The simple task of opening the door, and leading the buyer and/or buyer broker on a tour of your home is accomplished by you, the homeowner. However, in light of the fact you will be saving $14,413 on average on your home sale, we figure it’s a task you don't mind doing. Besides, who knows your home better than you? Answer: No one. No agent or broker knows your home like you do, so why not be the one to point out it's best features.
None. It's FREE. No catch. This is literally a zero risk offering. For New England home sellers (CT, MA, NH, VT, and ME) there is only an upside, and never a downside. You may cancel your FREE Flat Fee MLS listing, or FREE Entry Only MLS listing at any time, for any reason.
In a preferred scenario (happens roughly 1/3rd of the time), you'll pay 0% (zero) real estate commission to any broker party. Nothing. This is if you personally locate a buyer. This is distinctly possible, since each and every buyer lead hitting the major sites (Realtor®, Zillow®, and Trulia® gets routed directly to you by Landfall Properties, LLC.) We do not intercept buyer leads. In a worst case scenario, you'll pay between 2% and 3% (a figure YOU decide) to sell your home. That's a substantial improvement over the typical 5% to 6%. On a $250,000 home, it's another $7,500 in your pocket. On a $500,000 home, it's $15,000. Real money. Real savings.
You will be listed on literally hundreds of websites within 24 hours of your house data and photo submital. We're talking massive exposure. For starters, your home will be listed in your state's official statewide Multiple Listing Service (MLS). For CT sellers, that means the SmartMLS® system. In MA, its the MLSPIN® database. NH and VT home sellers are entered into the NEREN® MLS system. ME listing sellers are entered into the MREIS® MLS broker affiliated database.
But that's just the start. We then push your listing out to every single significant property search website in the country, since we have syndicated relationships with all of them. You'll be listed on sites like Realtor®, Zillow®, Trulia®, Homes®, Homefinder®, Redfin®, and another 90+/- more property search websites. Don't be fooled, this is not a free listing in an obscure, proprietary For Sale By Owner database. This is the real deal.
So how do we come up with the claim that you'll be listed on hundreds of websites? Because it's the truth. You will be listed on every brokerage site that has a property search function on their website. How many brokerages are there in each New England state? Hundreds. Why stop there. Individual agents and brokers also have their own websites with property search functions. You'll be listed there as well. You can easily see how our claim of exposure on hundreds of websites is factual.
We strongly encourage you to check out every entry only MLS listing and flat fee MLS listing “competitor” in the marketplace. Quite frankly, there are none. Visit us last. Want to know more, call the Principal Broker directly (Paul R. Marino, 603-781-4811), and ask him anything.
The cost to Landfall Properties, LLC of posting your property to your statewide Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database is so small as to be insignificant to our bottom line. Literally pennies. But you must be a state licensed salesperson or real estate broker, and you must be a member of your particular state's MLS in order to advertise your property for sale in these databases. For CT sellers, that means entry into the SmartMLS® system. In MA, its the MLSPIN® database. NH and VT home sellers are entered into the NEREN® MLS system. ME listing sellers are entered into the MREIS® MLS broker affiliated database. And if you’re not in these various state specific databases, the chances of selling your home are remote.
So, while our costs are negligible, this doesn’t explain how revenue is generated. It’s very simple. Revenue is generated from Buyer Brokerage and Referral Services. Reference FAQ #6 for detail. As you might imagine, a massive amount of goodwill is generated via our FREE Flat Fee MLS listing service. On closing day, when you're sitting at the table across from your buyers, a smile will come to your face when you realize you'll be walking away with an additional $13,125 to $22,500 (typical for a $375,000 property). This is money that uninformed sellers normally hand over to a Listing Brokerage (company with the sign on the lawn), and/or a Buyer Brokerage (company that procured a buyer).
You might be asking: Is there any quid pro quo (a favor expected in return for something free) involved with this service? Unequivocally no. But experience has shown us that roughly 68% of all home sellers that use our service to successfully sell their home are so thrilled with the "over the top" service and money saved that they engage us as their buyer brokerage in a follow on transaction. Does this mean you have to? Of course not. With some sellers (empty nesters for example), they might own a primary residence, but also own a lakeside vacation home. In retirement, they want to sell their primary residence, and move full time to their lakeside property. In this instance, there is no downstream transaction. No worries. Those same empty nesters I just referenced are the absolute best megaphone we have working for us, because they tell everybody about their positive experience. What goes around comes around.
It is important to emphasize that Landfall Properties, LLC offers a bona fide FREE Flat Fee MLS listing service for two full months (60 days). Provided you are intelligently priced, two full months is more than sufficient time to place your property under contract. Once you're under contract within that 60 day period, we will carry you through all the way to the closing table, no charge, no matter how long it takes after you've gone under agreement. So you might be thinking: "What happens at the end of 60 days if my property is not under contract? Simple. You may cancel your listing and owe nothing. Zero. Walk away. Or, you may conclude that the service you've just been provided was so "over the top", you elect to sign up for our premium listing services. Totally voluntary. Zero pressure.
Landfall Properties, LLC is not unlike many other web based businesses, offering both free products, and supplemental premium services. We don’t know many people that have ever paid anything to use Facebook (the social media platform), or Google (to use their free “gmail”, email account), or Dropbox (to store and share data over the Internet). All three companies generate revenue by offering a free product to the masses, but also offer premium services. Free use of their basic application builds a loyal client base, and some percentage of those clients eventually opt for other services. It’s as simple as that.
Free listing services are just a fraction of what Landfall Properties, LLC offers real estate consumers. We also offer a premium listing package, for a nominal $499 (whereby your listing can remain active for two full years). The number of services we provide in this package dramatically outdistances any "competitor" in the marketplace. Shop us last. It's not even close. Click here to see what is offered in our premium package.
Our Buyer Broker service is unlike any other Buyer Broker service you may be accustomed to. The distinction is, our Buyer Broker services work in conjunction with a rebate (CASH PAID TO YOU). This rebate is paid directly to you at closing, and will appear as a formal line item (Page 2 / Item H / Line 08) on the Closing Disclosure (CD) closing statement. This rebate applies to all kinds of buyers, whether this is your fifth home purchase, or your first.
Rebates paid to Buyers are fully legal in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine, are perfectly legitimate, and in fact, are endorsed by the US Dept. of Justice. The link here (connects you directly to the US Dept. of Justice website) provides a broad overview of the basics.
THE BUYER REBATE PROCESS WORKS IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
1) Landfall Properties, LLC provides exemplary Buyer Broker representation by having your CT, MA, NH, VT, or ME home purchase overseen by the consummate professional. Principal Broker Paul R. Marino brings three decades of experience to your home purchase, along with the following: a) 30 years Buyer Brokerage expertise; b) Ethics (not a single CT, MA, NH, VT, or ME state real estate board ethics violation in the past 30 years); c) Credentials (30 year member of the REALTOR® organization, and awarded the ePro® designation); d) Education: BS Economics, Lehigh University; MS Systems Management, University of Southern California; e) Licensed Principal Broker, f) Former Captain, USAF, Strategic Air Command.
2) Landfall Properties facilitates the rebate (you do nothing), and causes your name to appear on Page 2, Item H, Line 08 on the Closing Disclosure (CD), reflecting a credit to you (cash rebate) of 25% of the Buyer Broker commission. EXAMPLE: Assume you purchase a home in Greenwich, CT, Boston, MA, North Conway, NH, Rutland, VT, or Caribou, ME (or for that matter, a property in any city, town, village, hamlet, or minor crossroads in CT, MA, NH, VT, or ME). In our example, the purchase price is $350,000. The Buyer Broker commission is 3% of the purchase price, or .03 X $350,000 = $10,500. Thus, 25% of $10,500, or $2,625 will appear as a rebate to you, reflected on Page 2, Item H, Line 08, of the Closing Disclosure (CD) statement.
3) Landfall’s compensation for serving in the capacity of a Buyer Broker for your home sale will be reflected on the Closing Disclosure (CD) in plain view for all parties to see. Landfall Properties, LLC collects a commission of $7,875 (75% of $10,500), and you collect a cash rebate of $2,625 (25% of $10,500). WIN-WIN. This entire rebate process adds nothing to the purchase cost of your new property, and, in this example, puts $2,625 in your pocket.
4) By using the Buyer Brokerage services of Landfall Properties, LLC, you will have a single point of contact throughout the entire process. You will benefit from the full array of buyer brokerage expertise (i.e. targeting properties that fit your requirements, setting and confirming all showing appointments, tactical negotiating advice, management of all contract, addendum, and related paperwork, handling all “back and forth” minutiae between the Listing Broker and Buyer Broker, assistance with financing requirements, evaluation and response to home inspection, investigation into zoning issues, review and evaluation of home appraisal, review of all Closing Disclosure (CD) documentation in advance of the closing, and essentially handling every aspect of your purchase to ensure a smooth closing, and a pleasant home buying experience.) Feel confident that with 30 years in the business, the advice you receive will be exemplary.
5) The only service we will not provide is an accompanied tour of your prospective new home, which is unnecessary for several reasons: a) There will be a Listing Broker on site to take you through the property; b) Only you know what you want in a home; c) With Google street view, and the vast array of Internet based tools out there, there is precious little we can not tell you about a property without even crossing the threshold. Things like outstanding mortgage balance, liens against the property, real estate taxes, outstanding building permits, legal uses of the land (as defined by the town zoning ordinance), etc.
Nothing escapes our ability to secure for you every conceivable detail about a property you are targeting. Can't you just do this for yourself? Of course you could, but why would you when someone is doing it all for you, and handing you a check for $2,625 to boot? Plus, let me ask you: Having worked the databases of the internet for three decades, do you think we're efficient at tracking down information? You bet we are.
6) When you do find “the one”, Landfall Properties strongly recommends you secure a home inspection to evaluate all systems, components, and cosmetics of the home. This is NOT the job of any Buyer Broker, since you require a specific level of systems expertise, provided by an impartial 3rd party, whose sole function is to “tell it like it is”. If any items of concern are identified with the physical structure, you are further counseled to secure expert advise from a person in the specific construction trade relevant to the potential deficiency (licensed electrician, licensed plumbing/heating contractor, licensed structural engineer, etc.). By following this procedure, you will feel secure knowing you have done everything possible to make an informed decision.
7) Your compensation for the simple act of touring the interior of the property (without a Buyer Broker at your side), is, in this instance, $2,625. As mentioned above, your home tour will be conducted by the Listing Broker. You don’t need another party on hand to exclaim: “Oh what a beautiful kitchen!” LOL. You know what you want as a buyer, and don’t need us to hold your hand. What you need is advice. Advice that is based on 30 years of experience with every sector of the real estate market (brokerage, appraisal, and home renovation).
Of course you can, and all for doing nothing.
THE BUYER REFERRAL PROCESS WORKS IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
1) Landfall Properties, LLC places you in contact with an experienced Buyer Broker in the target market of your choice, in any state in the United States or province of Canada (if other than CT, MA, ME, NH, or VT). If targeting a purchase anywhere within CT, MA, NH, VT, or ME (statewide), you are better served with our BUYER CASH REBATE program, outlined here, since it pays you thousands of dollars on closing day, instead of hundreds.
2) All referrals performed by Landfall require brokers to meet strict qualification criteria (unless specifically waived by you). These include: a) Experience (10 year minimum); b) Ethics (no state real estate board ethic violations in the past 10 years); c) Credentials (must hold at least 1 Realtor® designation); d) Education: 4 year college graduate; e) Must be a Broker; Salespersons do not quality due to lack of experience.
3) Landfall fully negotiates the referral and causes your name to appear on Page 2, Item H, Line 08 of the Closing Disclosure (CD) closing statement, reflecting a credit to you (rebate) of a percentage of the Buyer Broker commission. EXAMPLE: Assume you want to purchase a home in Clearwater, Florida, or San Francisco, CA, or Calgary, Alberta, Canada (or for that matter, a property in any state or province in the United States or Canada). We’ve coordinated referral transactions in 23 US states, and 3 Canadian provinces (and counting) over the past 30 years. In our example, the purchase price is $350,000. The Buyer Broker commission is 3% of the purchase price, or .03 X $350,000 = $10,500. Landfall Properties, LLC negotiates a referral commission of 25% of this figure ($10,500), or $2,625. Landfall Properties, LLC retains 75% of this amount ($2,625 x 75% = $1,969). And you, as the buyer, are then rebated 25% of the $2,625, or $656 ($2,625 x 25% = $656).
4) The net result of this transaction is, the Buyer Broker collects a commission of $7,875 instead of $10,500. You win ($656), Landfall wins ($1,969), and the Buyer Broker wins ($7,875). Thus, $656 + $1,969 + $7,875 = $10,500 (i.e. 3% of $350,000 = $10,500). WIN-WIN-WIN. This entire rebate process adds nothing to the purchase cost of your new property, and, in this example, puts $656 in your pocket.
To answer this question, we prefer you hear directly from our never ending list of clients, rather than us. You will quickly conclude that Landfall Properties, LLC is not your typical real estate firm. We think “outside the box”. Tired of hearing banal advice like: “Bake an apple pie before the showing.” Brilliant…what do we owe you for that advice? A five figure listing brokerage commission? LOL. Instead, you’ll receive hard hitting, “no spin” information from an “insider”, to let you know what’s really going on in the world of real estate. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a seasoned broker with three decades of experience. Work with a trusted, knowledgeable professional (former military aviation officer, with a BS in Economics). Consider reading some of our advice columns, where we strongly embrace the message that knowledge equals power.
For starters, you can put away your credit card. We’re different. Superior product. Superior service. Should you decide to move forward with our Premium Marketing Service, PAY NOTHING until you actually see your home live on your local Multiple Listing Service (SmartMLS® in CT, MLSPIN® in MA, NEREN® MLS in NH and VT, and MREIS® MLS in ME).
We encourage all home sellers to shop the competition first before ordering our Premium Marketing Service. Read the fine print. Unlike others, you will never see up-charges of any kind. No hidden fees. No “gotchas”. Are there less expensive listing services out there? By the droves. With Landfall Properties, LLC, you’re getting far more than just an MLS listing. YOU’RE GETTING EVERY CONCEIVABLE TOOL YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE TO PLACE YOUR HOME UNDER CONTRACT AND BRING IT TO A SUCCESSFUL CLOSING (contract documents, escrow services, buyer lead forwarding, etc.)
Go with the leader in value, not price, a huge distinction. Unlike many, we don’t nickel and dime you for extra photos or for making changes to your listing. Make as many changes as you want, 24 x 7 x 365. And we won’t cut you off after 3, 6, or 12 months, since your listing with us is valid for 2 full years. Plus, you’ll receive a real FOR SALE sign, not some piece of inexpensive corrugated plastic.
YOU WILL RECEIVE ALL 18 ITEMS CITED BELOW:
1) MASSIVE DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR LISTING, to include entry into your local MLS database, and distribution of all data and photos across every major property search website in the United States. This includes not only the “Big Four” of Realtor.com®, Zillow.com®, Trulia.com®, and Homes.com®, but across an additional 86+/- property search websites. If you tried to do this yourself it would take weeks. We do it in 20 minutes. Not only will your home be listed on 86+/- of our syndicated partner websites, but your home will be searchable on literally hundreds of brokerage firm and individual agent websites, many of which offer a home search function. You’ll be able to make as many changes to your listing as you like for two full years, anytime you like, 24 x 7 x 365. We walk you through the whole process, line by line, so your listing experience is smooth, seamless, and flawlessly executed.
2) WE’RE ACCESSIBLE AND ON CALL 7 DAYS A WEEK. Speak to a human, not a machine. When you need answers to important questions critical to your home sale, you want the answers now, not tomorrow. Go ahead, call Toll Free: 844-373-3657. Press Option #1. See the result. Unlike competitors, you won’t be routed over to a “deer in the headlights” clerical person that wouldn’t know a soffit vent from a septic baffle. Or, instead you’ll be told: “Your call is important to us – someone will return your call on Monday.” Not the way we roll. If the call was important to them, then why is there no human being standing by ready to provide service? With Landfall Properties, speak live with an experienced broker with three decades of experience. Get your questions answered quickly and efficiently.
3) WE POST YOUR LISTING TO THE INTERNET THE SAME DAY AS DATA SUBMITTAL (if received NLT 11:00AM EST, Monday through Friday.) Need your property listed quickly and accurately? No one, and we mean no one beats the speed, accuracy, quality, or thoroughness of the listings we post to the Internet. Our data entry personnel are the best in the business. This means your property will be seen in your local MLS database within hours of data submittal, and on Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com NLT midnight EST, same day. But speed means little without quality. To that end, we enhance your listing, providing a descriptive write up that puts your best foot forward.
4) A customized, professional REAL ESTATE “FOR SALE” SIGN with JUMBO sized QR scan code for smart phones built right into the sign, along with a “TEXT TO” capability. This is a real sign. Compare it to what our “competitors” offer, typically an inexpensive piece of corrugated plastic that brands you as a wet behind the ears newbie. You’ll look like the “pro” that you are – someone to be taken seriously. From a distance, buyers can pull up your property data, photos, and virtual tour directly from the sign, right on their cell phone. The sign remains the property of Landfall Properties, LLC, although you are free to use the sign for up to two full years. You are in essence, renting the sign. Once your home sells, you are required to ship the sign back to Landfall Properties, LLC (at our expense, using UPS shipping credentials that we supply to you).
5) We provide a DEDICATED WEB SITE focused exclusively on showcasing your home only. Your web link will look something like this: 8WhittierDrive.PropertyFlyer.com
6) Full access to all OFFICIAL REAL ESTATE FORMS. We provide the latest P & S Contracts, addendums, all the needed paperwork to list, place under agreement, and close out your sale. Do you really want to bring an attorney on board at the last minute, to the tune of $200 per hour just to provide a “canned” document?
7) State-Of-The-Art ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE SERVICE. All the necessary real estate forms are DocuSign® capable, offering the same legal authority as a hand signed document. Save time and money when securing contract signatures, as you only have to “point and click” (no driving around getting signatures)
8) You get a VIRTUAL TOUR included. This tour will automatically be generated using the interior and exterior photographs that you will be uploading to our website. It’s like leading someone on a guided tour of your property, but without taking up your time or effort. Your tour will look something like this.
9) SPECIAL ESCROW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT, managed by Landfall Properties, LLC (the listing brokerage), licensed in CT, MA, NH, VT, and ME. This benefit is extremely valuable to you, so pay special attention. When an offer comes in, it should always be accompanied by a good faith deposit, to be held in a special escrow deposit account, as mandated by NH and VT state law. It is not advisable to have this deposit held by any other party. Why? Because if it is determined the buyer has violated the terms of the Purchase & Sales Agreement, you want this deposit money paid to you, the seller (in full), as liquidated damages. Even better (and unlike nearly every brokerage in both New Hampshire and Vermont), the full deposit (as in 100%), is paid directly to you. We don’t keep a dime. Ask our “competitors” if they do this. Not likely. (and unlike nearly every brokerage in CT, MA, NH, VT, and ME), the full deposit (as in 100%), is paid directly to you. We don’t keep a dime. Ask our “competitors” if they do this. Not likely.
10) BUYER LEAD FORWARDING SERVICE. This is a big one folks, so you will want to pay especially close attention here. Never forget that every home sale begins with an inbound buyer lead, whether by phone, email, text, or web portal interface. Your home will be listed on Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, and 86+ additional Internet based property search websites. And each one of them has a method of capturing buyer leads (name, phone number, and/or email). All of these critical buyer leads are immediately routed to you for follow up. But don’t take our word for it. Have a friend, or someone you trust go up on any of the 86+ property search websites your home will be advertised on. Have them “pretend” to be a buyer. Sit back and watch the lead “hit” both your email and cell phone via text message.This is your best chance of securing a buyer without paying a sales commission of any kind (not even a Buyer Broker commission). This one service alone is easily worth the price of admission.
11) WE SEND YOU VISITOR STATISTIC REPORTS (EVERY MONDAY AM), so you know with certainty how many people are looking at your property. It will look something like this.Nearly every home sale starts with someone looking at your property on the Internet. While your home is listed on Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, and 86+/- additional Internet based property search websites, it doesn’t tell you how many people are actually looking at it. You need to know this. Why? Because if 342 people pulled up your house photos and details last week on Realtor.com, and not a single one bothered to fill out the “Tell me more about this property” box on the website, guess what? Hmm???Could price have anything to do with it? LOL. These weekly stat reports remove the uncertainty. You’ll know precisely where you stand.
12) BUYER FEEDBACK RESPONSE SYSTEM. Know what buyers or buyer brokers think of your property. Base your marketing decisions on hard data and real, actionable feedback, not speculation. Landfall Properties, LLC provides you with a web based link that you can email buyers and buyer brokers. They quickly fill out the 1 minute survey, which is automatically routed to your email, letting you know where you stand.
13) We provide 100 MARKETING CARDS. This is a box of professionally printed, business cards for Buyer Brokers and Buyer prospects. Includes property photo, dedicated website address, QR smart phone scan code, your name, email and phone number, and much more.
14) This is huge. You are supplied with ONE FULL HOUR OF FREE CONSULT TIME (a $99 value). There is an added bonus for those home sellers that have also engaged us as their Buyer Broker in a “downstream” transaction – that is, the purchase of another home after your current home sells. For these sellers, you benefit from UNLIMITED CONSULT TIME, and may call upon us at any time for advice and consultation. Instantly be connected with an experienced broker that has seen it all. One hour is roughly the amount of total, cumulative phone time our Premium subscribers spend in communication with Landfall Properties, LLC, from time of initial sign-up, to date of closing. This one hour is separate and distinct from time that Landfall Properties, LLC expends assisting you with electronic signatures, and other ancillary administrative tasks. If you find yourself in a situation where you’re in over your head (i.e. You’ve received multiple offers, and require guidance and tactical advice on how to effectively negotiate to your best advantage. Why not speak live (in our office, via phone, text, email, fax, or Skype®) with a licensed pro that’s “Been there…done that”). The principal broker of Landfall Properties, LLC has personally examined in excess of 4,200 (Four Thousand Two Hundred) Purchase & Sale Agreements over the course of a prior 17 year career as a state licensed real estate appraiser.
15) You are supplied with ACCESS TO OUR ADVICE COLUMNS. Who cares you ask. You should care if you don’t want to run into a buzz saw. Proof? Take a look at this one article as an example. Do you really think any other brokerage provides this type of “insider” information? Not only solid, hard hitting, relevant information that will help you save money and sell your home faster, but information written by us. Not some ghost writer in Des Moines providing frivolous articles, telling you to bake an apple pie before the showing. LOL.
16) USE OF OUR COMPANY OFFICE and expansive conference room to accommodate real estate closings for those of our clients that are local to our Nashua, NH corporate office (Landfall Properties, LLC, One Tara Boulevard, Suite 200, Nashua, NH 03062). We offer a state of the art office with every electronic convenience. Yours to use free.
17) We give back to the community, in the form of a TAX DEDUCTIBLE CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION to any of the three following charities: 1) Wounded Warrior Project; 2) St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or 3) Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Your choice, with the charitable contribution made in your name, and tax receipt sent directly to you)
18) UNRIVALED CUSTOMER SERVICE, based on one very simple philosophy: “We’re not happy until you’re happy.”